Sunday, January 10, 2016

Pet Peeve: New Year's Resolutions


I am not a big fan of New Year's Resolutions

Primarily because I'm the procrastinator magistrate but also I am the master of stubbornness. I take challenge and I crumple it between the palms of my hand in hopes of creating an origami someday.

With that said, I compiled my top 5 New Year's Resolution for 2016.


1. Eat more healthy stuff - this may include Salad. But moreover, it will involve more protein and whatever good and bad it may bring. Examples include pan-fried steak and fake Snapeas on top of healthy salad.



2. Find exciting food spots OUTSIDE OF BERKELEY - granted that San Francisco is already filled with food spots and I still have over two hundred sixty-five more to try, I've pretty much fallen in love with the closeness of all the food joint in Downtown Berkeley. It's like you won't find a single home around the university - you think it's a house? Nope, it's Berkeley Thai House. Guess again.


The Halal Guys are opening in Berkeley soon. I think this
resolution is pretty much a bust...

3. Start writing more on my blog - I've been watching too many Chef shows on Netflix and I've been ignoring my pretty journal sitting next to me on the other side of my bed. I'm supposed to use this as my writing exercise book ("Ugh. The Gym smells like old, sweaty socks" ~ says my procrastinating ego). So maybe it really is time for me to keep writing about what I love. Food. Mmm.


See, I told you the journal was pretty.

4. Learn more recipes and keep cooking - As a child, I was the one who burnt the rice I was cooking, added too much salt on the adobo or forgot to add salt altogether. I always labeled myself as a food poison expert - never let me cook, if you want to live.

but in time, I realized that people actually like the food I cook. As plain as it is, they enjoy it. Maybe because there's emotions in what I cook. And I heard that it's the most important ingredient in any food you cook.

Nevertheless, it's time to start gathering recipes and cooking them - Tasty Videos on Facebook is a definite try.

...and Taho.




5. Listen to my viewers - ok, this is going to be hard because I don't have viewers. But if you're out there, somewhere, whoever you are. Email me what you think and any good ideas will be shared (the insults will be ignored. In fact, Google will spam it right away. Or maybe I need to click on the delete button).


Cheers to an exciting 2016 ahead!


No comments: