Thursday, December 29, 2016

2016 Revisited


I STILL am not a fan of resolutions...

I'm still the procrastination magistrate and it will never change. But for 2016, I promised to do something for my food blog. Let's see what I've accomplished so far. 

Eat healthier

Here are some food porn I made this year. You be the judge if they're healthy.


Veggies (√), Protein (√), Cholesterol (...) 
this resolution is definitely a bust. 

Food Spots Outside of Berkeley

Good news, I didn't visit Berkeley much this year. Bad news, I didn't expand my dining experience. I did visit a few spots and I may have something up my sleeve for 2017. 


Hint: I found them on Yelp!


Start writing more in my blog

I promise, I had so much on my drafts, I would have been able to post at least twice a month. Don't you just love procrastinating? This simply means I can double that in 2017! (Self note: don't forget to post it, dork!)



Learn More Recipes and Keep Cooking

Well, I learned recipes! Yes, I was cooking a little! But I never posted about them. Shame.



Listen to my viewers 

We failed on that. We didn't get any viewers. At least there's a resolution that I didn't have to break!



So, what's in store for 2017?

Simple! Food Porn! 

Ok, I really have to do good by my word or people will never take me serious. Here's a preview of a few 2017 blog posts:

Slow Cooker Favorites - Since I moved in April, I didn't have the space to cook and finish this job. All this will change in 2017. I'm putting out my Crock Pot and keeping my Keurig in the pantry. There will be a mix of history with the things I will toss inside my slow cooker; it will be worth the read!

Japacurry Thursdays! This tradition has been going on for more than a year at work and I definitely need to share this story and what's behind the need for my high-noon squad to have this every Thursday.

Halo-Halo - This Filipino dessert has been making wave in the United States. I'll share stories and recipes from friends and family; and from people who have recently tried it for the very first time.

Camping Get-together Meals - Camping is fun! And there's no time for an iron chef. But what makes up a camping meal that binds people together? What makes them so special?



I'll share some world-inspired recipes that you may want to try; or maybe share how you do it so I can try them out! Here are some recipes I'll be sharing this year:

Philipines: Adobong Pusit - an amazing staple of seafood and butter. Yes, I said butter!

Vegetarian Curry - I found a real simple veggie curry recipe online that I'll link and share to you; then I will tell you my mishaps and my successes. 

Hamburger Patties - this may sound like nothing but there's more to it than just ground beef!



PLUS! I'll be taking on some Tasty Video challenges and blogging about my mishaps!
Look at all these Tasty Videos! Can't wait!

So that's all for now! I can't wait for what 2017 will bring us. Happy New Year, folks!

No comments: